Skip to main content


Required State License(s):

Contact the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Corporations, Securities, and Commercial Licensing Bureau at 517-241-9221 for information regarding Professional Boxers or, Amateur and Professional Mixed Martial Artist licensing or visit our website at

For athlete eligibility questions, contact the Michigan High School Athletic Association at 517-332-5046.

Possible license(s):

When food is served, a Food Service license should be obtained from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Food and Dairy Division at 517-373-1060.

A sales tax license may be required when products are sold to the public. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4660.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at 517-636-4730.

Revised: 5/2017