Skip to main content

Truck / Semi-truck Repair

Required State License(s):

The Michigan Department of State's Business Licensing and Regulation Division (BLRD) licenses and regulates Michigan's motor vehicle repair facilities and mechanics. For more information visit the Department of State website or call 1-888-SOS-MICH (888-767-6424).

Further Information:

There is NO state license required for small engine repair (lawn mower engines, etc.) However, if parts are sold to an individual who may be repairing their own mowers, a sales tax license is required with the Department of Treasury. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. For further information about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

Revised: 07/2014