Skip to main content

Underground Lawn Sprinkler System, Installation

Required State License(s):

When an underground sprinkling system is connected to the public water supply system a plumbing license is required to connect the plumbing to the potable water supply and install the backflow preventer. Contact the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Construction Codes, Plumbing Division at 517-241-9330.

Other Possible License(s):

Contact the local city/county clerks office for a permit/license to install underground sprinkling systems.

Revised: 01/2014