Owning a Vehicle
- Pro team fundraiser license plates now available
- Registration Fee Lookup
You may look up your renewal registration by your plate number.
- Michigan State Parks Recreation Passport
The Recreation Passport is your $11 ticket to Michigan's state parks and outdoor adventures! Check "YES" when you renew your license plate. Where can $11 take you?
- Where on my new plate does the registration tab go?
Where on my new plate does the registration tab go?
- Title Histories
Vehicle title and registration histories are purchased through the Record Sales Unit. If you do not have a Record Lookup Account with the Department of State, you must complete a record request form for each title history.
- Fees for License Plates, Registrations and Titles
Following is a summary of commonly requested information regarding vehicle plate, registration and title fees.
- Renewing Your License Plate
Vehicle owners have 4 convenient methods of renewing: online, mail, self-service stations, and Secretary of State offices.
- Titling and Registering a Vehicle
How to title and register a vehicle purchased from an individual, a dealership, or a family member.
- Michigan Auto Lost & Found
The Abandoned Vehicle Law streamlines the procedures for identifying and processing impounded and abandoned vehicles
- New Online Services FAQs
- Report Fraud to the Office of Investigative Services
The Michigan Department of State (MDOS) Office of Investigative Services (OIS) is committed to protecting the integrity of all MDOS programs and documents issued by the agency.
- Abandoned Mobile Homes
How to title a mobile home abandoned in a mobile home park.