Requesting Your Own Driving or Vehicle Record
To request a copy of your own driving or vehicle record, you must complete a Record Lookup Request form. Individuals requesting their own record should expect to receive it at the address currently on file with the Secretary of State. If you would like your information to be mailed to a different address, you may do so by indicating that on the form (check box).
Please follow the instructions included on the form. If you need assistance in completing the form, please call 517-322-1624.
Mail: Mail the completed form and payment to:
Michigan Department of State
Record Sales Unit
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918-1502
Fax: You must have a Department of State account or pay with a credit card (Discover, VISA, or MasterCard). Fax the completed form to 517-335-6169.
Telephone: This service is only available for individuals ordering their own record and paying with a Discover, VISA, or MasterCard. Customers with a Department account may also utilize the telephone service. Please call 517-322-1624.
You may not order your record by telephone if you require your information to be mailed to an address different than what is currently on file with the Secretary of State. Regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. Eastern time.
- For a driving record, you will need to provide your Michigan driver's license number, full name, and date of birth.
- For a license plate registration, title record, or recreational vehicle record, you will need the license plate or registration number or the vehicle identification number (VIN).
When calling after business hours, callers will be directed to the automated 24-hour voicemail system. Callers will be prompted to leave the required information in order to request their record.
Walk-In: Information for Walk-Ins.
Note: Mailed or faxed requests are typically processed within three weeks but could take as long as eight weeks.
Related Documents & Topics
- How to Read a Driving Record
- How to Read a Vehicle Record
- Record Request Form: Non-Account Record Lookup Request (BDVR-154)