Requesting a Driving or Vehicle Record

Image: Car keys

There are several ways you can request Driving and Vehicle Records:

  1. Driving and vehicle records belonging to another person can be requested on online services by selecting the Record Sales Services hyperlink under the Additional Services section. If you have an account, you will select the "Log In for Record Sales" hyperlink to request records. If you do not have an account, you will select the Request Records hyperlink. You must have a qualifying permissible purpose to request another person's record. 
  2. Driving and vehicle records can also be requested by mail. If you do not have an account with the Department of State, you must complete a record request form each time you request a record (BDVR-154). Each record is $11 and must be paid in advance with a check or money order. A certified copy of a driving or vehicle record is available for an additional $1 fee. If you need assistance in completing the form, call 517-335-6198. Request can take up to 7 to 10 business days for completion. 
  3. Additionally, for $12, you can request your own certified driving record through online services by selecting the "More Driver Services" hyperlink under the Driver's License and ID section. 
  4. You may also request your own certified driving record at any branch office. Simply show your driver's license (no form required) and walk out with a copy of your record in hand. All offices accept cash, checks, money orders, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA debit and credit cards.*

* A processing fee will be charged.

Related Topics & Documents