Requesting Your Own Driving or Vehicle Record
To request a copy of your own driving or vehicle record, you must complete a Record Lookup Request. Individuals requesting their own record should expect to receive it at the address listed in section 1 of the form. If you would like your information to be mailed to a different address, you may do so by indicating that on section 4 of the form (check box).
- For a driving record, you will need to provide your Michigan driver's license number, full name, and date of birth.
- For a license plate registration, title record, or recreational vehicle record, you will need to provide the license plate/registration number or the vehicle identification number (VIN) or hull identification number (HIN), make, and year.
Please follow the instructions included on the form. If you need assistance in completing the form, please call 517-322-1624. Regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. Eastern time.
Mail: Mail the completed form and payment to:
Michigan Department of State
Record Sales Unit
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918-1502
Fax: You must have a Department of State account or pay with a credit card (Discover, VISA, or MasterCard). Fax the completed form to 517-335-6169.
Walk-In: Information for Walk-Ins.
Note: Any request other than a current record are typically processed within two weeks but could take as long as six weeks.
Related Documents & Topics
- How to Read a Driving Record
- How to Read a Vehicle Record
- Record Request Form: Non-Account Record Lookup Request (BDVR-154)