Mobile Home Titles

Mobile homes are titled in Michigan. Up until 1978, mobile homes were titled as a "trailer coach." Since 1978, they are titled as mobile homes. The title is identified as a "Certificate of Manufactured Home Ownership" or "Certificate of Mobile Home Title." These documents look like a vehicle title and serve the same purpose.

When a person buys a mobile home from a dealer, the dealer applies for the purchaser's new mobile home title using the Retailer Application for Certificate of Manufactured Home Ownership. When an owner sells their mobile home, they assign the title to the new owner. The new owner brings the assigned title to a Secretary of State Branch Office to have it transferred into their name. An S-110L Application for Certificate of Manufactured Home Ownership is processed at the branch office. The fee for an original or transferred mobile home title is $90.

If your mobile home title is lost, you may replace it by processing a duplicate title application at a Secretary of State branch office. When there is joint ownership on a title, only one of the owners must appear and sign the duplicate title application.  An Appointment of Agent form from the co-owner is not required.

Duplicate titles may also be ordered online through ExpressSOS. They can only be issued to the owner listed on the title document.

Whether you apply for a duplicate title at a branch office or online, the cost is $15. It will be mailed within 14 days. Same-day title service is not available for mobile home titles.

Related Documents & Topics

> Abandoned mobile homes 
Appointment of agent for a vehicle, watercraft or mobile home
Dealer application for certificate of manufactured home ownership 
Individual application for certificate of manufactured home ownership 
> Order a duplicate title online