Address Change on a Registration

When you move, you must change the address on your driver's license as soon as possible. A change of address may be submitted at a Secretary of State office, online through ExpressSOS or by mail using the change-of-address form. By changing the address on your driver's license, all driver, vehicle and voter registration files in your Secretary of State Record will be updated with your new address.

You may also change your address when renewing your license plate. If renewing by mail, cross out the incorrect information on the renewal notice and write in your new address, including your county. If you are using the Secretary of State's Online Renewal PLUS, you may change your address when renewing online. You cannot submit a change of address online when renewing a plate using our online Express Renewal option.