To apply, please complete and submit the DES-P01 Provider Certification Application. Including all the required applicable documents.
- DES-P01 Provider Certification Application
- DES-P02 Provider Signature Certification
- DES-P03 Surety Bond
- DES-P04 Classroom Request
- Behind the Wheel Route Outline (DES-P04 Required Attachment)
- DES - ACORD Certificate of Liability Insurance - Sample for Owned Auto
- DES - ACORD Certificate of Liability Insurance - Sample for Hired Vehicle
- DES - Live Scan Fingerprint Background Check Request
Each driver education provider owner, designated representative and instructor is required to submit the completed LDE - Live Scan Fingerprint Background Check Request form to the Driver Education Section after being fingerprinted by a MDOS approved - Michigan State Police live scan vendor.
- 2019 - Driver Education Provider Manual
- 2013 - Driver Education Curriculum Guide
- 2017 - Driver Education Resources
List of several resources to SUPPLEMENT (not in lieu of using the ADTSEA 3.0 Curriculum) your driver education classroom, behind-the-wheel, and range instruction.
- DES-P05 Request of Change-Form A
- DES-P06 Request of Change-Form B
- Graduated Driver's License Restrictions
- 2016 - New Segment 2 Risk Awareness Fact Sheets
Michigan Department of State
Driver Education and Testing Section
Address: 430 West Allegan Street, 3rd Floor, Lansing Michigan 48918
DES-P11 Statement of Complaint
To file a formal complaint against a Person/Applicant, Certified Driver Education Provider and/or Instructor, you must complete and submit a DES-P11 Statement of Complaint form to this Department. Instructions are included within the form.
DES-P12 Statement of Complaint - IPP
To file a formal complaint against a Certified Instructor Preparation Program (IPP) Agency and/or IPP Instructor, you must complete and submit a DES-P12 Statement of Complaint form to this Department. Instructions are included within the form.