Application to be a Course Sponsor
Please follow these steps to become an approved course sponsor and to provide course results to the Michigan Department of State (MDOS):
- Mail a completed, signed application form (DES-202), a completed surety bond form (DES-203), and information about your proposed curriculum to the address on the application form.
- If you are not authorized to offer the Defensive Driving Course of the National Safety Council, you must submit a curriculum that meets or exceeds the curriculum standards set forth in the Defensive Driving Course Instructor Manual, Eighth edition, published by the National Safety Council. You must also provide documented evidence from a federal, state, or local government agency of course effectiveness in reducing collisions, moving violations, or both. If you are a training agency authorized by the National Safety Council to offer their Defensive Driving Course, you do not have to provide additional information.
- You will receive a curriculum determination by mail. When your curriculum is approved, you will receive an instructional packet. Included in the packet will be a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), Security Awareness/Acknowledgement Forms for your organization and employees, Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) application, and additional information.
- Have all employees that will provide course results register for a User ID at the Single Sign On website and request a "BDIC subscription" (approval to use the website) when registering. The Security Awareness/Acknowledgment (Individual) Forms must contain the employee's User ID and be signed by each employee. Note: Each employee must have an individual email address and will be notified by email when they have been granted access to provide course results. The email will contain a temporary password.
- Return the Security Awareness/Acknowledgment (Organization) Form along with Security Awareness/Acknowledgment (Individual) Forms signed by each employee that will be providing course results.