CDL Drivers: U.S. Citizenship or Legal Presence Documentation Required

NOTE: If your name is different from what's on your birth certificate, you'll need to bring in a certified name-change document, such as your marriage license or court order. Multiple documents may be needed if your name has changed more than once.

Acceptable Proof of U.S. Citizenship: Acceptable Proof of Legal Presence for
Non-U.S. Citizenship:
Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card *Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card,
issued by USCIS or INS (I-551)
*Foreign passport with Machine Readable
Immigrant visa with Temporary I-551 Language
Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued
by a state, county, municipal authority, or outlying
possession of the U.S. bearing an official seal.
*Temporary I-551 stamp in valid unexpired Foreign
passport or passport card

*Employment Authorization Card (I-766)

Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the U.S.
Department of State (FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545)
*Refugee Travel Document (I-571) (valid,
) with stamped I-94
*Foreign passport (unexpired) with an I-94
Arrival/Departure form
*Certificate of Naturalization (N-550, N-570, or N-578) *Foreign passport (unexpired) with an admission
stamp and/or U.S. visa
*Approved U.S. Department of Labor Certification
with Foreign Passport (unexpired) with a port-of-
entry stamp or U.S. visa (unexpired)
*Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (N-560 or N-561) *Currently expired USCIS documents
accompanied by an I-797 receipt showing a request
in process to extend or adjust status may be
accepted if the adjustment or change in status can
be verified by SAVE.

Documents annotated with a (*) must be verified in SAVE