Visit your local Secretary of State branch office with proof of identity, residency and Social Security number

Visit your local Secretary of State office and present the required documentation.Summary Step 6 Step 5 Step 4 Step 3 Step 2 Step 1

You'll need to present documentation of a valid Social Security number or letter of ineligibility, U.S. citizenship or legal presence if not a U.S. citizen, identity and Michigan residency.

If you have lost your Social Security card and need a replacement, visit your local Social Security office to apply for one.