Vehicle License Dealer Resources
- Vehicle Dealers - New Online Services FAQs
The Michigan Department of State has launched a new computer system that will provide you with improved services online and at all Secretary of State offices. We call it our Customer and Automotive Records System or CARS for short.
- Repeat Offender Search
The Repeat Offender search allows dealers and others to learn if a vehicle purchaser is ineligible for license plates and subject to registration denial under Michigan's "Repeat Offender Law" (MCL 257.219).
- Verify a Vehicle Dealer or Repair Facility License
Verify whether a motor vehicle dealer or repair facility is properly licensed or registered by the Department of State.
- Plate Fee Calculator
On-line Plate Fee Calculator is available for your convenience
- Dealer Manual
The Michigan Department of State licenses and regulates Michigan's vehicle dealers. The Dealer Manual is divided by chapter into PDF format files. It provides dealers with information about the requirements of the Michigan Vehicle Code and is also designed to provide instructions in keeping and maintaining records.
- Certified Salvage Vehicle Inspector List
- Click on ‘Vehicle Services.’ You will be directed to the e-Services webpage. This may open in a new tab.
- Under ‘Additional Services,’ click on ‘Salvage Vehicle Inspector.’
- Click on ‘Search Salvage Inspector.’
- Select a county from the dropdown or select ‘Search for all.’
- Click ‘Search.’
- This will provide a list of active salvage vehicle inspectors in your desired area.
- Vehicle Dealers - FAQs