Dealer transactions cannot be processed if your license has expired.
You have two options to renew your dealer license:
Renew your dealer license online.
Renew your dealer license by mail.
Renewing your dealer license online:
- You cannot renew online if more than 30 days has passed since your dealer license expired. The license expiration date is found at the top of your dealer license renewal. The Michigan Vehicle Code requires a new dealer application after a dealer license has been expired more than 30 days.
- Log into your account by going to Dealer Services and then Dealer Login.
- Pay with Discover, MasterCard, Visa or electronic check. A processing fee will be charged for payment by credit or debit card.
Renewing your dealer license by mail:
- Fill out the enclosed, preprinted renewal application you received in the mail. Update any information as necessary. Some updates may require that you include additional documentation with your application.
- Salvage Vehicle Agent license renewals are completed using page two of the renewal, if applicable.
- Supplemental locations are included with the renewal notice and are two sided forms. Sign each page to keep these locations or cross off any locations that are no longer in use.
- Pay with a check or money order made out to the “State of Michigan.”
- Mail your completed application, including all pages and any attachments, with payment to: Michigan Department of State, Business Licensing Section, Lansing, MI, 48918
- Failure to fill out the form correctly or completely may delay or prevent your license renewal.
- Your renewed license will be mailed about three weeks after your application is processed.