- Verify a Vehicle Dealer or Repair Facility License
Verify whether a motor vehicle dealer or repair facility is properly licensed or registered by the Department of State.
- Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Act, Michigan Vehicle Code Chapter II, and Administrative Rules
This page provides links to the Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Act, Michigan Vehicle Code Chapter II, and the Administrative Rules.
- Major Component Part Record (SOS-426)
Now available in electronic format for Dealers and Repair Facilities. The major component parts record is used to log the sale, purchase, acquisition of major component parts.
- Repair Facility Manual
The Michigan Department of State licenses and regulates Michigan's repair facilities.
- Garage Keeper Lien for Facilities/Mechanics
A garage keeper who has a Michigan repair facility registration is entitled to compensation for proper charges due after storing or servicing a vehicle at the request of the registered owner.
- Repair Facility Closeout Statement
- Repair Facility Bulletins
- Body Shop Environmental Information
All auto body shops must comply with federal and state environmental regulations. Check here for resources to assist auto body shops to comply with these requirements.
- Repair Facility Frequently Asked Questions