Requesting a Driving or Vehicle Record
Driving and vehicle records can be purchased through the Record Sales Unit at the State Secondary Complex, Secretary of State Building, 7064 Crowner Drive, Dimondale. If you do not have an account with the Department of State, you must complete a record request form each time you request a record. Each record is $11 and must be paid in advance with a check, money order, or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, or VISA). A certified copy of a driving or vehicle record is available for an additional $1 fee.
Additionally, for only $12, you can purchase your own certified driving record at any branch office. Simply show your driver's license (no form required) and walk out with a copy of your record in hand. All offices accept cash, checks, money orders, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA debit and credit cards.
Related Topics & Documents
- Requesting Your Own Driving or Vehicle Record
- Requesting Your Own Driving Record - Same-Day Service
- How to Read a Driving Record
- How to Read a Vehicle Record
- Requesting Another Person's Record
- Governmental Agency Record Requests
- Bulk Information Sales
- Record Request Form: Account Holder Record Lookup Request (BDVR-153)
- Record Request Form: Non-Account Record Lookup Request (BDVR-154)
- Record Request Form: For Government Agencies (BDVR-155)