Requesting a Driving or Vehicle Record

Image: Car keys

Driving and vehicle records can be purchased through the Record Sales Unit at the State Secondary Complex, Secretary of State Building, 7064 Crowner Drive, Dimondale. If you do not have an account with the Department of State, you must complete a record request form each time you request a record (BDVR-154). Each record is $11 and must be paid in advance with a check, money order, or credit card* (Discover, MasterCard, or VISA). A certified copy of a driving or vehicle record is available for an additional $1 fee.

Additionally, for only $12, you can purchase your own certified driving record at any branch office. Simply show your driver's license (no form required) and walk out with a copy of your record in hand. All offices accept cash, checks, money orders, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA debit and credit cards.*

* A processing fee will be charged.

Related Topics & Documents