Bulk Information Sales
Specific information about drivers, personal identification card holders, vehicle registrations and titles, watercraft registrations and titles, snowmobile registrations, and related subjects are available for purchase in bulk from the Michigan Department of State, Commercial Services Section. However, such information may not be used for purposes of marketing or solicitation. This information is sold in strict compliance with Michigan law, as well as the Michigan and federal Driver Privacy Protection Acts.
The basic procedure for obtaining bulk information is as follows:
- Formal request is submitted to the Commercial Services Section
- Request is routed for approval
- Contract is executed (an information purchaser's surety bond is required for commercial customers purchasing "personal" information
- A deposit may be requested
- Information is provided on the media requested (tape cartridge, CD-ROM, etc.)
Our List Sales Information Guide explains the request procedure, identifies the types of information available, and provides an estimate for the file size and applicable fees. To receive a List Sales Information Guide, complete and submit the form below. Requests for an Information Guide can also be directed to the following:
Michigan Department of State
Commercial Services Section
Attn: List Sales
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918
A List Sales Information Guide will be e-mailed within five business days.
If "Other," please explain below: