Requesting Your Own Driving or Vehicle Record
For Same Day Service:
- You can request your own driving record on e-Services by selecting the More Driver Services hyperlink under the Driver's License and ID Services section.
- You can also request your own certified driving record for $12 at any branch office. Simply show your driver's license (no form required) and walk out with your record in hand. All offices accept cash, checks, money orders, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA debit and credit cards*.
* A processing fee will be charged.
- Walk-in customers requesting their own driving or vehicle record may also obtain same-day service at the State Secondary Complex, Secretary of State Building, 7064 Crowner Drive, Dimondale. Walk-in requests for another person's record can be picked up the next business day. An $11 fee is charged for each record transaction. A certified copy of a driving or vehicle record is available for an additional $1 fee. In certain circumstances, the record request may take longer to process. Walk-in record requests for another person's driving or vehicle record can ONLY be accepted and processed at the State Secondary Complex. Request can take up to 7 to 10 business days for completion.
For Mailed in Requests:
To request a copy of your own driving or vehicle record, you must complete a Record Lookup Request. If you would like your information to be mailed to a different address, you may do so by indicating that on section 3 of the form (check box). If you would like your information to be mailed to a different address, please make sure to indicate that in the designated section on the form.
- For a driving record, you will need to provide your Michigan driver's license number, full name, and date of birth.
- For a license plate registration, title record, or recreational vehicle record, you will need to provide the license plate/registration number or the vehicle identification number (VIN) or hull identification number (HIN), make, and year.
Please follow the instructions included on the form. If you need assistance in completing the form, please call 517-335-6198. Regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. Eastern time.
Mail: Mail the completed form and payment to:
Michigan Department of State
Record Sales Unit
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918-1502
Note: Any request other than a current record are typically processed within two weeks but could take as long as six weeks.
Related Documents & Topics