Q: Am I qualified to sign up to be an election worker?

In order to serve as an election worker, you must be a registered voter of the state if you are 18+. You can also apply if you are 16 or 17 year old resident of Michigan. You can check your voter registration status at  Michigan.gov/Vote. If you are not yet registered to vote but want to apply to serve, you can register to vote online (at Michigan.gov/VoterRegistration) and then sign up.

Additionally, you cannot be a challenger, candidate, member of a candidate's immediate family, or a member of the local Board of Canvassers. Anyone convicted of a felony or an election crime may not serve.