A federal court issued an order on April 20, 2020 that changes the April 21 filing deadline and rules for candidates who are:
(1) Previously registered a candidate committee with the appropriate filing official on or before March 10, 2020;
(2) Were required to file nominating petitions on or before April 21, 2020; and
(3) Are seeking nomination to an office for which no filing fee option is available.
By Appointment Only
In accordance with the Governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order, effective immediately the Office of the Great Seal and the Bureau of Elections have limited in-person hours.
Information for Candidates
- Michigan Election Law Webpage
- Oaths of Office - Authorized individuals who may administer oaths
- Election-Related Informational Links - Additional related websites
- Getting Started as a Candidate Committee (Michigan Campaign Finance Act Requirements)
- Petition Signature Requirement Chart
- 2020 Ballot Access Information for Presidential Candidates