By Appointment Only
- Special Announcement
Please be advised that due to the disqualification of the only candidate who timely filed nominating petitions for the office of Judge of the 30th Circuit Court, Regular Term Non-Incumbent position, candidates interested in seeking this position have until Friday, June 19 at 4:00 p.m. to qualify for placement on the November 3, 2020 ballot. See MCL 168.415(2). Interested candidates must file all of the following materials with the Secretary of State:
- Nonpartisan nominating petitions containing a minimum of 500 valid signatures.
- The Affidavit of Identity and Receipt of Filing (2 copies).
- The Affidavit of Constitutional Qualification (1 copy).
All filing materials must be received by the Secretary of State, Bureau of Elections by 4:00 p.m. on June 19 to be considered timely. Please contact the Bureau of Elections at email@example.com to schedule a filing appointment.
The Bureau of Elections currently has limited hours. If you have in-person business to conduct with the Bureau, If you need to make an appointment at a branch office, you must call 1-888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).
Information for Candidates
- Nov. 3, 2020 - General Election Candidate Listing
- Oaths of Office - Authorized individuals who may administer oaths
- Election-Related Informational Links - Additional related websites
- Getting Started as a Candidate Committee (Michigan Campaign Finance Act Requirements)
- Petition Signature Requirement Chart
- 2020 Ballot Access Information for Presidential Candidates