Report Fraud to the Office of Investigative Services
Office of Investigative Services
The Michigan Department of State (MDOS) Office of Investigative Services (OIS) is committed to protecting the integrity of all MDOS programs and documents issued by the agency.
If you witness, suspect or know of fraudulent, improper or suspicious activity involving any MDOS documents or programs, please contact the OIS immediately at:
FRAUD TIP LINE: 844-372-8356
When you contact OIS, please provide as much detail as possible. Please include your contact information as an investigator may need to contact you for additional information. All reports will be kept confidential.
Here are a few examples of helpful information to include:
- Who committed the fraud? (name, address, phone number, email address and the individual's description)
- What did the individual do; what fraud is suspected?
- Where did the fraud take place?
- When did it happen?
- How was the fraud committed?
- Who else has knowledge of the fraud?