Certificate of Authority

The Office of the Great Seal is authorized on behalf of the State of Michigan to certify and issue Certificates of Authority for:

  1. Michigan Notary Public notarized documents. Documents must be complete and contain original signatures.
  2. Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death, or Divorce) - Certified copies from one of the following: 

    -  A Michigan County Clerk (check the government section of telephone directory for number)
    -  The Michigan State Registrar 517-335-8666 
    -  City Clerks in the counties of Wayne, Macomb and Oakland only
  3. Certified Copies of Articles of Incorporation issued from the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.