SECRETARY OF STATE ALERT
In accordance with Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order, all Secretary of State offices are closed until further notice to slow the spread of the coronavirus and protect public health. Late fees will be waived during this period.
Customers can complete many transactions using online services and can make an appointment for a future visit (subject to cancellation).
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Smaller offices may close for a lunch hour. All offices are closed on state holidays.
Visit Secretary of State Branch Office Locator for specific office hours for the office in your area.
All Secretary of State offices will be closed on the following days:
- New Year's: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 and Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 20, 2020
- Presidents Day: Monday, February 17, 2020
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day: Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day: Monday, September 7, 2020
- Veterans Day: Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 26, 2020 and Friday, November 27, 2020
- Christmas: Thursday, December 24, 2020, Friday, December 25, 2020
- New Year's: Thursday, December 31, 2020 and Friday, January 1, 2021
Related Documents & Topics