Welcome to the Department of State News Center
- Keep it real online
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson reminds Michigan residents that when they go online for Secretary of State business they double-check the website they’re doing business with before they get taken for a ride by a motor-vehicle look-alike site . . .
- Secretary of State Johnson takes action against operator of illegal Detroit auto repair shop
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today announced that her office has issued a cease and desist order against a previously suspended Detroit repair shop owner for allegedly operating an unregistered repair facility . . .
- Secretary of State offices to close for Thanksgiving holiday
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson reminds residents that all offices and the Office of the Great Seal will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
All offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23, Friday, Nov. 24, and SUPER!Centers will be closed on Saturday, Nov. 25 . . .
- Secretary of State Johnson suspends licenses of auto dealers in Oakland, Washtenaw Counties
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced today that the licenses of two used-auto dealers in Pontiac and Ypsilanti have been summarily suspended for failure to follow proper procedures required by law. The auto dealers . . .
- Mobile Office to offer voter registration at Central Michigan University
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today announced that the Secretary of State Mobile Office will visit Central Michigan University on Tuesday, Nov. 21 to offer voter registration to students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The office will be open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in front of the Bovee University Center at 103 E. Preston Road . . .
- Mohawk SOS office has returned to one-day-a-week service
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson reminds residents that, as of Nov. 1, the Mohawk office has returned to one-day-a-week service instead of two as it adjusts to seasonal business volume.
The office at 3616 U.S. Highway 41 is now open on Thursdays only. Hours . . .
- Secretary of State Mobile Office to visit Holly veterans' event
The Secretary of State Mobile Office will offer people the opportunity to apply for identification cards and driver’s licenses at the Veteran Friendly Expo and Job Fair Saturday, Nov. 18, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced today.
The event runs from 11 . . .
- Secretary of State offices once again host Harvest Gathering food collection sites
Michigan Secretary of State Ruth Johnson encouraged residents to donate nonperishable food at Secretary of State offices statewide as part of the 27th Annual Michigan Harvest Gathering food drive . . .