Welcome to the Department of State News Center
- Secretary of State Ruth Johnson celebrates commencement with OCC Class of 2018
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today delivered a heartfelt commencement address at two Oakland Community College graduation ceremonies in Rochester, Michigan . . .
- SOS Johnson promotes pride in Michigan during visit to elementary school in Ortonville
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson visited Harvey-Swanson Elementary School in Ortonville today as part of the school’s annual festival and challenged students' knowledge of Michigan in a fun, trivia game . . .
- Secretary of State Mobile Office to visit WCCCD Downriver Campus
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced that the Secretary of State’s Mobile Office will visit the Wayne County Community College District Downriver Campus on Thursday, May 31.
The office will be open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 21000 Northline Road . . .
- Secretary of State offices to close for Memorial Day
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson reminds residents that all offices and the Office of the Great Seal will be closed in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 28. Secretary of State SUPER!Centers normally offer Saturday hours but will be closed on Saturday, May 26.
Customers can hop online at ExpressSOS.com . . .
- Department of State suspends license of Flint new-vehicle dealer for 15 days
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today announced that Patsy Lou Chevrolet in Flint Township has had its dealer license suspended for 15 days because of repeated violations, found as a result of inspections and consumer complaints, for not providing titles to buyers as required . . .
- Secretary of State Mobile Office to visit Lyon Township Public Library
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced that the Secretary of State’s Mobile Office will stop by South Lyon to serve area customers on Thursday, May 24.
The office will be open noon to 5 p.m. at the Lyon Township Public Library, 27005 S. Milford Road . . .
- Secretary of State Mobile Office to visit Lansing Veterans Stand Down
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced that her Mobile Office will participate in the Volunteers of America Michigan Capital Area Stand Down for Homeless Veterans on May 23 in Lansing . . .
- Secretary of State Ruth Johnson addresses trends and concerns for 'boomers' on bikes
Noting their disproportionate involvement in crashes, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today encouraged baby boomers who ride a motorcycle or are thinking about it to take a returning-rider safety course, even if they rode in their younger days . . .