Secretary of State office in Marquette now lets you hold spot in line, make appointments
JUNE 27, 2018
Check in online or with your phone, don’t wait in the office
The innovative MI-TIME Line service that allows customers to use their phones or computers to make appointments or hold their place in line is now available at the new Secretary of State office at 1250 Wilson Street, Suite 103, in Marquette, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced today.
“Customers who can’t hop online to ExpressSOS.com can now take advantage of the MI-TIME Line service at our new office in Marquette,” Johnson said. “After you get in line, you can run other errands or wait from home or work until you’re ready to be called up.”
The MI-TIME Line program has now expanded to 43 offices across the state.
MI-TIME Line sends text updates to notify customers of their estimated wait time and allows them to request more time if needed. Those who don’t have a mobile phone can check in at the MI-TIME Line kiosk and get a printed ticket.
Approximately 6.4 million customers have used the service to complete a total of nearly 12 million transactions since it launched in January 2014. The 43 offices that now offer MI-TIME Line total 56 percent of all office transactions performed statewide.
The service continues to receive rave reviews from customers with comments such as these:
- “I have to give you credit, that's the fastest I've been through the secretary of state ever. The appointment system is awesome and I have never taken care of anything that fast. Keep it up, you are doing great.”
- “I love signing up for a date and time appointment. So much easier when you have a child in tow. I was called at my exact time. Great experience today.”
- “Quick in and out and the text notifications allowed us to take care of other errands while we were waiting in line.”
- “The best thing you guys have ever done is the appointments. I have back issues, walk with a cane and I can't sit for very long. I was in and out in 15 minutes.”
- The iPhone app and the MI-Time are a fantastic leap forward in scheduling for SOS. It worked perfectly and I was called exactly on time. Saved so much time using this. Thank you.”
Customers can find participating offices and reserve their place in line at michigan.gov/mitimeline.
The MI-TIME Line technology is the latest in Johnson’s efforts to improve customer service. In 2011, she launched ExpressSOS.com to offer some of the department’s most popular services online. Customers can simply hop online to ExpressSOS and use the Print-and-Go feature that allows them to print off a proof of purchase to carry until their tabs arrive in the mail. More than 12.5 million transactions have been completed on the site instead of in branch offices.
For media questions, please call Fred Woodhams at 517-373-2520.
Customers may call the Department of State Information Center to
speak to a customer-service representative at 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).