How do I report the disposition of a vehicle or vessel in my custody?

Please note: Vehicle includes motor vehicles, ORVs, and snowmobiles. Vessel includes watercraft.

You must report the disposition of the vehicle or vessel in a timely manner to the law enforcement agency that authorized the vehicle or vessel's removal. If you have an agreement with the law enforcement agency, you must comply with that agreement. You must also report the disposition on Michigan’s Abandoned Vehicle Website. To become an EFT custodian please click on Setting up an Electronic Funds Transfer Account.

Related Documents & Topics



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.