How do I get added to the list of custodians?

Please note: Vehicle includes motor vehicles, ORVs, and snowmobiles. Vessel includes watercraft.

Custodians are required to set up an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) account with the Michigan Department of State. It allows you to use the Michigan Auto Lost and Found Website to report the disposition of abandoned vehicles in your custody and is the most convenient way of remitting fees.

Please see: Setting up an Electronic Funds Transfer Account to set up an EFT account with the Department of State. You will be notified by mail when it is approved.

 Related Documents & Topics



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.