I have not received the TR-52L from the Secretary of State, so how do I dispose of an abandoned vehicle or vessel?

Please note: Vehicle includes motor vehicles, ORVs, and snowmobiles. Vessel includes watercraft.

You may obtain a replacement copy of the Bill of Sale (TR-52L) for a motor vehicle from CARS e-Services under ‘Custodian Services.’ If you have questions, please contact the Abandoned Vehicle Help Desk at 517-636-5234. 

In some circumstances, a TR-52L may be delayed but will still be sent to the law enforcement agency. For example, the Secretary of State may be researching the ownership of the vehicle or vessel.

Related Documents & Topics



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.