How do I notify the Secretary of State who has custody of the vehicle or vessel?

Please note: Vehicle includes motor vehicles, ORVs, and snowmobiles. Vessel includes watercraft.

Enter the business telephone number of the custodian, including the area code, in LEIN. The Secretary of State uses the business telephone number to identify the custodian.

Related Documents & Topics


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.