Am I required to have a CVED number?

Please note: Vehicle includes motor vehicles, ORVs, and snowmobiles. Vessel includes watercraft.

The Secretary of State does not require a CVED number (formerly MPSC number). However, a CVED number is usually required by local municipalities or law enforcement agencies. The CVED number may be required by state law for some towing agencies. Towing agencies should contact the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division at 517-284-3250 (Option 4, then option 1) to determine whether they need a CVED number.


Related Documents & Topics



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.