What should I do with the abandoned fee if the VIN is not on the Secretary of State's abandoned vehicle website?

Please note: Vehicle includes motor vehicles, ORVs, and snowmobiles. Vessel includes watercraft.

It is possible that the law enforcement agency has not entered the vehicle as abandoned. Contact the law enforcement agency to inform them of the vehicle’s disposition. Once law enforcement has entered the vehicle as abandoned, you may enter the disposition of the vehicle on Michigan Auto Lost and Found Website. If you have questions, please contact the Abandoned Vehicle Help Desk at 517-636-5234.

Related Documents & Topics



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.