What happens if I change my mind after I register?

The option to cancel your registration is always available. You may cancel your registration by going to online services or at any Secretary of State office by presenting your driver's license or ID card. 

You can also cancel your registration by sending a request in writing to the address below.

Please include your full name, date of birth, Driver's License or State ID number in your request.

Michigan Department of State
Customer Services Administration
Program Support Section
Secondary Complex, Third Floor
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI  48918




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.