What do I have to do to get a cycle endorsement on my license?

To operate a motorcycle on public roads, you must possess a valid Michigan driver's license with a CY motorcycle endorsement. There are two ways in Michigan to obtain your motorcycle endorsement: 1. Complete a MiREP Basic Rider Course, or 2. Apply for a Temporary Instruction Permit and pass a Skills Test. See Michigan.gov/Motorcycling




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.