How do I change my out-of-state driver's license to a Michigan driver's license?

“To convert your out-of-state license to Michigan, take all required documents to a local Secretary of State branch office – the list of required documents is available

You do not need to take a written test.  You will be given a vision test and your photo will be taken. 

A photo license will be mailed to you in about two weeks.” 


Related Documents & Topics




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.