How do I change my out-of-state identification card to a Michigan identification card?

Take your out-of-state identification card and documentation of a valid Social Security numberU.S. citizenship or legal presence if not a U.S. citizen, identity and Michigan residency to a Secretary of State office. A state ID costs $10. This fee is waived for applicants who are age 65 or older or who are legally blind regardless of their age.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.