How do I establish a corporation or business in Michigan?

Michigan corporations are regulated by the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). The Bureau of Commercial Services provides services that enable corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships to be formed, and for foreign entities to obtain a certificate of authority to transact business. For more information, you can access their website at under "Bureau of Commercial Services."




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.