Will I be able to use an enhanced driver's license or state ID card outside of Michigan?

Yes. An enhanced license or state ID card issued in Michigan is accepted at any U.S. land or sea port when returning from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda or the Caribbean. An enhanced license is accepted as a valid license for driving in any U.S. state.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.