Do I need an enhanced driver's license or state ID card if I am a Native American?

Visit the Homeland Security - Cross U.S. Borders for specific populations and specific situations. If you are otherwise eligible for a Michigan driver's license or state ID card, you may apply for the enhanced card for convenience when traveling by land and sea between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.