What should I do with the Certificate of Completion that the sponsor gave to me?

Some sponsors will give a Certificate of Completion for your records when you pass the course. The sponsors will report your results directly to the Secretary of State, so the certificate is not needed to show you have passed the course.

Please note that some courts permit drivers to take a safety course and will cancel the ticket if the driver passes. This is a separate program from the Basic Driver Improvement Course and the court will require a certificate as evidence of successful completion.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.