What if I am required to have a medical variance document along with my medical examiner's certificate?

A medical variance document and the medical examiner's certificate must be submitted at a Secretary of State office in person. Use the Branch Office Locator to find the office nearest to you.

The Secretary of State's Office will record the medical variance on your driving record and send you a new driver's license that will show, "V-CDL Variance" as a reference.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.