How do I correct the license plates on my vehicle?

Your registration receipt will show the license plate number and the vehicle to which your license plate is registered. If any of this information is incorrect, you should visit a Secretary of State branch office for assistance or check with our Information Center at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424) for further information. Some corrections, such as for name or vehicle information, may require that you also bring in the vehicle title.

Related Documents & Topics




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.