Why can't I renew my driver's license online?
Reasons that your driver's license cannot be renewed online may include:
- You renewed through alternative methods, such as by mail or online or at a self-service station the last time.
- Your Social Security number cannot be verified by the Department of State
- You are not a U.S. citizen -- a non citizen's legal presence must be verified at the time of renewal.
- Your license has been canceled or voluntarily surrendered.
- Your photograph is not on file.
- You have submitted a change of address online within the last 10 days.
- Your license has been expired for more than four years.
- Your license has been suspended, revoked or denied.
- You have dual products on system, such as a driver's license and a state ID.
If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.