Is a tax identification number required for a filing?

A tax identification number is not required on initial and amendment financing statements. UCC documents are public records. Filers may wish to consider protecting their customers by excluding Social Security numbers and other personal identifying information from UCC documents.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.