What types of documents are included in a UCC copy search?

A UCC copy search will include copies of state and federal tax liens, and all active financing statements. Active financing statements include all filings that have not lapsed. Lapsed financing statements are searchable for one year beyond the lapse date. To request copies of both active and lapsed filings, choose “All” on the UCC11 form.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.