How do I apply for a Veteran plate or a Veteran Campaign/Service Medal plate?

Afghanistan Plate with Medal Vietnam Pure MI Plate no Medal 
Veteran plates are available in the standard Pure Michigan design. Campaign and Service Medal Veteran plates are available for veterans who have served in Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam and earned a medal. Veterans must provide their Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty form (DD-214), indicating a medal award, for a Campaign or Service Medal Veteran plate. The official Service Medal Award Certificate issued by any of the Armed Forces branches will also be accepted for the Vietnam Service Medal plate. Veteran plates may be ordered at any Secretary of State office or by mailing in a completed Application for Veteran Plate form.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.