If I sell my repair facility, is my registration transferable to the new owner?

Agency: State

A repair facility registration cannot be transferred from one owner to another. Each time the ownership of a repair facility changes, the new owner is required to apply for and obtain a motor vehicle repair facility registration before repairs can be performed for compensation. An application for registration can be obtained by telephoning the Customer Support Section at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424).




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.