How can Michiganders overseas register to vote to participate in the national General Election this November?

Michiganders who are eligible to register to vote while overseas may do so through the Federal Voting Assistance Program website,, to download and complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). In returning this postcard to the local clerk for their municipality of residence in Michigan by email or mail, they will be registered to vote and will receive an absentee ballot by email, fax, or postal mail.

To locate contact information for all local Michigan clerks, please visit



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.