Can military and overseas Michigan voters request an absentee ballot through the online application at

Yes, Michiganders abroad may request an absentee ballot be sent to them overseas either by downloading and completing a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) from the Federal Voting Assistance Program website,, to return to their local clerk’s office in Michigan, or by completing the online absentee ballot application at They are also able to download an absentee ballot application from to complete and return to their local clerk’s office.

Overseas Michigan voters who return their absentee ballot application online at or submit an absentee ballot application instead of a FPCA application must contact their local clerk’s office after submitting their application to make clear they are a military or overseas voter.

Please note, absentee ballot applications must be received no later than 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, in order to receive an absentee ballot to vote in the Nov. 3 general election.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.