Can an American citizen residing overseas register to vote in Michigan if they have never lived in the United States?

If a United States citizen who has never resided in the United States would like to register to vote in Michigan, they may do so if they have a parent, legal guardian, or spouse who last resided in Michigan, provided that the prospective registered voter and/or their relative has not since registered or voted in another state. Citizens meeting this criteria must register to vote in the municipality where their relative last resided in Michigan.





If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.